How to Make Authentic Italian Pasta:
- 8 oz of pasta (spaghetti, fettuccine, or your preferred type)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Skillet or pan
- Grater for cheese
- Knife and cutting board
- Serving bowl
Fill a large pot with water, add a pinch of salt, and bring it to a boil.
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until it becomes fragrant and golden, but not browned.
Once the pasta is cooked, use tongs to transfer it directly from the pot to the skillet with the garlic and olive oil. Reserve some of the pasta cooking water.
Toss the pasta in the skillet with the garlic and olive oil, adding a small amount of the reserved pasta water if needed to create a light sauce.
Once the pasta is well coated, remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle with the freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Toss to combine.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serve the pasta in a large bowl, garnished with freshly chopped parsley if desired.